A clinical research study may offer up to $50/visit compensation to people who qualify.
If you take part in the study, you may receive at no cost:
- Study medication or placebo (an inactive substance)
- The drug atorvastatin provided by the sponsor company
- Meetings with a specialist on healthy nutrition
- Study-related care at no cost for up to 3½ months
- Compensation for your time and travel
You may be eligible to participate in this research study if you:
- Are 30 to 70 years old
- Have high triglycerides or high cholesterol
- Are overweight or obese
- Are female and incapable of becoming pregnant (post-menopausal or had a documented hysterectomy and/or bilateral oophorectomy), OR
- Are male and able to use contraception (such as condoms) or remain abstinent
Studying an investigational drug
Local doctors are looking for overweight people with high triglycerides or high cholesterol for a clinical research study of an investigational drug. (Investigational means itâs not yet approved for use by the general public.)
Qualified people may receive up to $50/visit in compensation for time and travel. This research study will last for almost three months, and will include two overnight stays. Some people in the study will receive a placebo that looks like the investigational drug but contains no medication.
If you're interested in exploring this option, please click the link to the online questionnaire to get started.